Re: xpl enigma & translation program

>>From my understanding of this program it is a translation aid. One of its 13
>buttons refers to a dictionary and another to a glossary. In which program
>or directory would one place the dictionary.

It does not matter. You can put them anywhere; just tell the program where
they are. And yes, translation *aids* is what is useful -- free pidgin
translations you can get at any number of places on the web. I find them
useless, except maybe for getting a very general impression of some text.

Although it has only a template
>status, it appears a rather complex program. Nevertheless I think an XPL
>expert should be able to write a program that creates the identical sized
>space beneath a one line sentence or a paragraph containing numerous lines.

There is more to it. WordFast also compiles a database and compares your
text segments against it as you go along.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)