Re: Problem with graphics view...?

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Sat, 27
May 2006 19:14:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Once the lock-up, which I mentioned in my previous post,
>  occurs, everything is frozen, so I cannot switch to the
>  full-screen. Now, I know Robert that you mean for me
>  to do that when I am in DOS, or immediately after I load
>  XY. But, like many on the list, I hate what passes for
>  full-screen fonts under XP. So, that is not an option
>  as far as I am concerned, ...unless things get much worse.

I seem to remember (faintly) seeing Graphic view under XP in a DOS Window (on a
Thinkpad T41); but under Win2000, it can't be done -- you need fullscreen VGA.
Speedo fonts have their own unique display mode (like many DOS games), which
requires VGA. I'll check when I get an XP machine on Wednesday... However, I
infer that you have been displaying Graphic mode successfully, in a DOS window,
under XP? We're talking func WZ here, right? Where you see the Speedo fonts?

You make some mysterious (to me) comments, e.g. about deleting and restoring
your XY4 dir -- "that solved it". I've never heard of this problem before, but
clearly, something is delicate. Speedos were never designed to be displayed
this way.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx