Re: Word and Happy99 and things

Tim Baehr:

>Kenny has really made it clear that, strictly as a word processor,
>XyWrite will see no further development or bug fixes. . . .

Then perhaps alien forces have hijacked http://www.tgrp.com/support/ ,
which says (or just minutes ago said) in the context of XyWrite for Windows
and XyWrites 3 and 4 for DOS (although strangely not SmartWords):

>If you use any of our products and encounter something
>you think is a programming bug, we want to know about
>it! We constantly work to improve our products and assure
>they provide reliable, consistent service you can count on.

Oh yes, as for the Word-user's vulnerability to malicious macros, what
about the following guess off the top of my uneducated head? The features
of Word that aren't available in RTF format are needed by few of Word's
users. You can't embed macros in an RTF file. Therefore people who must
use Word and exchange files would be wise to provide and ask for files in
RTF rather than DOC format. (An additional benefit for us, if not
Microsoft: RTF files are digestible by a wider range of alternatives to
Word.) Anyway, my own copy of Word is set to save to RTF by default.

Peter Evans