Re: XPL early programming decision - whether to RC loop orcustom .kbd

Timothy Olson wrote: "> My vote is for RC as well. That way the user has
full access to normal functions during the time when the program is
capturing and evaluating the user's keystrokes."

Your error capturing program sounds neat. Actually, while the user is at my
overview screen, that's the one time I can't let the user have full access
to normal functions, so if I go the RC route - and I probably will - I will
write it to ignore all keyboard entries except the ones that are
specifically responded to, the same way you did in your longer punctuation
error capturing program. There are reasons for this. For example, for the
user to be able to jump the cursor around the overview screen quickly, I am
going to do some numerical operations, where the program captures the
numerical value of the current cursor position, categorizes it according to
groups (so the program can tell if the cursor is near a margin, etc.), and
then performs a computation to be able to jump the cursor to exactly the
right new position according to what the user asked for.

Charles