Re: XPL early programming decision - whether to RC loop or custom .kbd

Carl Distefano wrote:

> RC, definitely. You don't want to be messing with other people's
> keyboard files -- it's too intrusive. Plus, are you really going to
> bundle a special .KBD file just for your program? Fuhgeddaboutit.

sounds great to me. although, I didn't think it was that big a deal to
temporarily load a special .kbd file, then reload the user's file when the
user exits that part of the program. the nice thing about loading a new .kbd
file temporarily is I can just change the parts I need, get rid of all the
rest so the program doesn't respond at all to other inputs, and it's done,
without writing a bunch of complicated loops. on the other hand, I LIKE
writing ridiculously complicated loops, so what the hell.

Charles