Help!

Hey all,

     I'm new to the group. First-time caller.
     I just installed Xywrite for Windows 4.12 into my new computer, which came with Windows XP Home Edition. I like my Xywrite screen to be electric blue with white letters. I managed this with the same Xywrite program, under Windows 95, by emplying an arcane method I have long since forotten. I do choose a blue screen from Display in my Control Panel, and when I open a file in Xywrite the window is, indeed, blue. However, only the part of the screen I type on remains blue. If, for instance,  I paragraph and move to the next line, all the space beyond the break is white. So I end up with a screen distractingly reminiscent of the linoleum floor in my old house in West Philly. And all Xywrite help files having to do with display, and some other formatting issues, are "unavailable" in my program. I will never finish my novel this way. Can anyone tell me how to get there from here?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Marguerite