Re: Spell checker

Reply to note from Morris Krok  Mon, 02 Oct
2000 20:44:04 -0700

-> For the attached spell checker to work, place ^ at the point
-> where you want to begin and the cursor where you want it to
-> end. It should mark all the incorrect words and place an #
-> at the end of the checked file.

Morris:

Forgive my obtuseness, but what advantage does SPELLEXT.PM offer
over the native SPELL command? Off hand, I don't see any; but I do
see a big disadvantage, namely, that the program adds extraneous
characters to the subject file, which must then be deleted, whether
manually or by a CHange command -- a tedious and otherwise
unnecessary operation, with the potential to introduce new errors
into the original text. Where's the up side?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx