Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

** Reply to message from Bob Zimmerman  on Mon, 27 Feb 2006
18:43:20 -0500

> Just to confirm: I assume I cut and paste
> OLDCLIP.FRM into the top of the XYWWWEB.U2 file.

No! You CoPy it (or MErge the ENTIRE file) into XyWWWeb.U2 at the location of
the first frame, i.e. put your cursor on top of the first curly bracket in
"{{5Index}}" and insert there, so that Index now becomes the second frame in
the file. Then, before anything else, you command:
 LOADHELP

> As for OLDCLIP.INF, does this need to be inserted
> anywhere as well, or should it simply be placed
> in my Xy4 directory where editor is? And having
> done this would this help frame be accessed by
> typing OLDCLIP at the command prompt?

I'm providing that for your convenience -- for reading. If you want to insert
it into XyWWWeb.INF before the present Help frame, then yes, it will be
accessed -- but the syntax for help is
"HELP framename". So in this case, the framename being CLIPW, you
command:
 HELP CLIPW
Read the docs, Bob. They explain how to use the Help system.

> Also, I assume that if I decide to use this I will have
> to do these changes for any future U2 update.

Yes.

> Once again, thanks for looking into this.

OK.

> If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Only old suggestions: 1) Reassign your CapsLock in KBD to its proper hardware
position. 2) Get a real operating system.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx