Re: Xywrite's autocorrect and autoreplace

" At 09:34 AM 12/17/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
" >Maybe it's a factor of hardly ever using Auto-replace (guess I agree with
" >Carl that it's just too distracting),
"
" You must be kidding! Surely there must be some words/phrases that you type
" repeatedly during your working life? I could not live without it.
"
" but I'm having trouble seeing how this
" >matters a lot. If the word comes up often enough, it could be treated
" >directly in the replacement list file, no ?
"
" I do not understand what you mean. The castration of XY 3.56 meant that you
" always had to press an *additional* key to make any replace work. Terribly
" distracting. I intensely hate the person who brought the lawsuit at the
" time, and his greedy lawyers.
" Did he ever get his pay-off?
" -- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
----------
	Here we have autocorrect,
	now in MS Word,
	 where a misspelling is automatically
	replaced by the correct word.
	These are currently pairs added by the user to the
	user's own spelling file.
	This was function call AC
	See your help files for more information for those
	who don't read the friendly manual.

	Autoreplace is the same function, but intended to
	be an expansion of some abbreviation typed such as
	aer ≪MDBO≫ American Economic Review≪MDNM ≫
	where here a three letter abbreviation is set to expand
	to a formatted longer set of words.
`	This is not a spelling check, but it uses your
	personal spelling dictionary, (dictionarries if
	you have multiple ones for each project).
	I think that Morris Krok gave us the overly long
	set of his expansions, making Xy into a sort of
	stenotype machine for transciption. See the Notabene
	files and archive for the use of their deskset for
	massive and quick notetaking--far more sophisticated
	than most Xywriters.
	This is function call AR
	See your help files for more information for those
	who don't read the friendly manual (RTFM).

	Scanning the web for xyquest in www.northernlight.com
	will find long discussion of the copyright case,
	solved I think by finding that EMACS had abbreviation
	expansion before PRDplus.