Disk z: - was Re: Xy on a flash drive

Reply to note from ajx  Sun, 03 Aug 2003 11:28:04
+0200

> By definition it almost certainly won't matter but Xy3 won't
> recognise Z: as a second save drive.
>
> BC e: y: XC works fine but
> BC e: z: XC will leave e: the only default drive.

Xy4 has the same limitation. But both Xy4 and Xy3 (I have v3.58B)
recognize the SUBSTituted Z: drive in commands that take filenames
or directories as arguments -- the kinds of commands you'd expect to
see in STARTUP.INT. For example, LOAD Z:\XY4.KBD and CD Z:\BTFONTS
both work (where Z: points to the main Xy directory and BTFONTS is a
subdir of it). So you're right: the save drive Z: limitation
doesn't matter to this portability scheme.

And, of course, there's an easy workaround for the save drive.
Configure a key thus: nn=BX,s,a,Q2,BX,s,a, ,z,:,Q2 (Xy4) or
nn=BC,s,a,XC,BC,s,a, ,z,:,XC,BC,GT (Xy3).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx