Re: OT--Win7 and disk partitions

Michael Norman wrote:

And if you go with WIN7, do you go 32 or 64 bit?
See the post from William Shawcross on 11/30/09. There was a lot
of back and forth then about W7, and the consensus seems to be
that Xy (and NB) will run fine under the 32-bit version, but with
64-bit, you need some virtualization technique. And that's a
complexity I for one would rather avoid. (I sometimes think our
systems are like late medieval astronomy: all sorts of tweaks--to
use a modern word--to make the Ptolemaic theory match up with
observed phenomena. Tycho Brahe and Copernicus, where are you?)
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx