Re: OT--Win7 and disk partitions

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Acronis told me to upgrade to overcome this bug. I
upgraded, and TI 11 (or whatever the latest version is called)
crashes my Vista box every time I try to use it. I wake up in
the morning with a frozen computer -- I have to pull the plug
and restart. It is incredibly buggy, IMO -- nearly unuseable. I'm not the only person who feels this way. But maybe it's just me ...
Most unlikely, given your expertise. I had Acronis years ago, and
it would work fine, then start refusing to make backups, and I
was told by Acronis to "upgrade." At first the upgrades were
downloadable from the Website, but eventually they expected me to
buy the next version. One cannot help suspecting they're milking
a cash cow.
The utility that Acer has been bundling with its systems for some
time now is (so far, and knock wood) extremely good. But of
course, they're not going to sell it as a SW product and lose a
marketing plus like that (though they don't publicize it much;
one would think they would).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx