Install help needed!

Hi, I just started using XYWrite 3 for DOS at work. I have 6 program disks to
install at home, but am unable to do it. I can see "install" in the directory
of the alacarte menu disk, but can't get that command to work. If I use
editor.exe from the word processor disk, it starts the installation process,
but soon hangs up, and keeps requesting the supplemental disk to be inserted.
If I run autoexec.bat, the program appears, but does not respond to commands
properly. I was able to create and store new files, but could not reopen them.

Our computer dude, who is rarely around, doesn't have the manuals. He did
mention a single-user disk, though. Would I be better off with that?

At work we have a lan, and no hard drives. At home, I have a hard drive and
windows. Would it help if I tried using a boot disk from work at home?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks!

.....COol MOther reesa.marchetti@xxxxxxxx
---
 * CMPQwk #1.4 * UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY