Re: TYP

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Thu, 16 Dec
2004 16:57:45 -0500

> Robert, I assume you've heard that IBM has released Object REXX to
> open source?

No! I had not heard that. They're shedding unprofitable businesses. The
terrible thing is, they won't be able to open source OS/2 (they want to) -- and
just guess why! Microsoft shares a wee bit of the source code copyright, parts
dating back to 1989-1991 when they collaborated on it. And M$ says "No".
(Emphasis on the "$" part)

Send Russell the money. He's worked tremendously hard for Ghostscript. For
example, he wrote the mswinpr2 driver that makes TYP work. I think it's 19
bucks or something to register GSView -- then Postghost is hands-off too. But
TYP should be hands-off as it is now (because doesn't touch GSView).

Glad you got TYP working. It really is "simple", isn't it?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx