Re: NB startup question

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> How do I get NB to load my keyboard file at startup? I don't seem to find
> any NBstart.int or similar file. I did open NB.ini and changed the keyboard
> line there, but it does not make any difference.

There _should_ be a file called NBSTART.INT in your c:\nbwin directory. A 1
byte called exactly that was created when I ran the install program.

If there isn't, you can create one yourself of course. I simply copied my
XyWrite startup.int file over, ran it, see what it beeped at, and removed those
lines. It now reads like this:

DEFAULT DR=d:\xy4\temp;*;
DSORT e,f,h;*;
LOAD c:\nbwin\NB.DFL;*;
LOAD d:\xy4\CUP4.KBD;*;
LOAD d:\xy4\LES.SPL;*;
LDSGT d:\xy4\altkeys.sav;*;

Note too that the NB.DFL file was actually buried in some directory called
USERS. The idea is that each individual user can make their own profiles.
Since, however, there are no other people who have access to this machine, I
simply copied the DFL file over to the nbwin directory, thinking it best to
leave the original one as it was where it was unmodified, just in case.

> The NB documentation, meanwhile, is of no help, because it does not exist.

Quite so. But at least we have a _product._ I have decided to take a rather
Heisenbergian view of the whole enterprise: i.e., one can write software or one
can write documentation, but one cannot do both simultaneously. All things
considered, I would prefer the software.

> Help?

I hope this does the trick for you.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)