Re: XyWindows

Kevin Rooney:

I never thought I would have reason to differ with Robert Holmgren,
and I don't differ very much. I have, however, reassigned a number of
alt-letter combinations in the keyboard file. I have a couple of them
still calling up menus, but most can be shifted to other uses without
problems. All you really need to access the menus is one of them,
e.g. @F. In order to free the F2 key, I have also reassigned the @s
key instead of it to execute text macros.

You may want to try out my customized keyboard, XPLNS.KBD I think it
is called, available for downloading; see the welcome message. I have
made a number of additional changes, and will try to update the posted
version in the next month or so.

I might add that I use substantially the same keyboard for XY4 AND
XW4. I have just disabled some custom features that the latter does
not need.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science