XYWIN

  If you can remove all vestiges of the buttons and icons on the screen, what
then is left to make it better than Xy4, aside from being optimized for Windoz,
I mean? Does it run faster under Windoz than Xy4? Even having a few buttons on
the side as you described doesn't interest me -- I almost never use a mouse in
Xy4, with the except of when I'm writing things like this e-mail message and
then I'm doing it in a OS/2 dos window session, not my usual full-screen mode,
and so I sometimes use the mouse to paste some text into the XY4 screen.
Otherwise, I'd much rather use the keys to do all that stuff. Much faster to
flick a finger onto ^F7 for a spell check, or shift F7 for thesaurus, etc.
Taking one's hands off the key board to reach for a mouse when writing is
counter productive. Even tho
I have a Logitech trackball made for laptops attached to the right end of my
keyboard. And, if you have a decent keyboard, with all 12 of the F keys
vertical on the left end of the keyboard, as God, in his infinite wisdom,
blessed be He, decreed they should be, then it's exceedingly fast to do
keystrokes.
  Also, I must admit that I don't quite understand what the mouse was or
wasn't doing in the other posts -- I haven't seen that, but perhaps that's
because I use OS/2 and don't have that problem. Or maybe just because I don't
use a mouse enough within XY4 (and I've never used it with
XY 3) to have experienced it.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

<> "The Way of the Samurai is death." - Jocho Yamamoto 1710 Hagakure <>
<> "Let no man's life stand in the way -- especially your own."    <>
<>                    Miyamoto Musashi 1584-1645  <>
<> "The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here <>
<> and you are out there."              Yasutani Roshi  <>