Re: Windows 10 is creeping into your system, it is time to make a decision!

In addition to local external drives, I've had great success using Dropbox
as immediate, transparent backup. I have not only XyWrite but almost all my
data files *inside* the dropbox folder.

There is also what they used to call the "Packrat" option, which means they
keep a copy of every version you ever make of each file. I have hundreds,
even thousands, of versions of some files that I keep the filename of while
I make modifications of it, and I frequently find I want to go back to an
earlier version (because I screwed up the later ones). You pay extra for
this option, but it's only about $150 per year, and well worth it if you
work as I do on multiple revisions of the same file.

--Harry

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Jordan, Daily backups are a must, and a godsend in case of hiccups. If the worst happens, you just roll back. With virtual machines, the process is really smooth. Ideally, your main operating system should just be a host for dispensable virtual machines. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/ 29.11.2015, 18:59, J R FOX kirjoitti:
A few times I've had to resort to wiping a drive and putting back an Acronis boot partition image that was not nearly as recent as I would have liked, then building it back to where it was when the system got nuked. (A full reinstall from scratch would be completely unacceptable and unthinkable to me.) My time is too valuable to have to pour a lot of it into this crap ! So, NO, I'm going to minimize their chances of doing this again.