Re: Nota Bene

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Yo Intl. wrote:

> >You mean to say that quikview, or whatever, automatically converts
> >imported text to the Windows (ANSI) charset? If so, how does it
> >"know" which charset it's converting *from*?
> >
> >--------------
> >Carl Distefano
>
> I did not. I only said that your notepad clipboard does not work as easily
> as you make it out to do.
> I am running Ascii<->Ansi replace macros like crazy.
>
> -- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo

Actually, Quickview Plus does allow you to specify (from the Options
menu) which character set to use to display the message. I opened a
NB4.5 (Xy3+) outline file, and while it stripped the numbering, it
recognized that it was a Xy/NB file (the other choices under View As are
Text and Hex). View-Options-Display tab lists 13 character sets to
choose from, including Windows (ANSI 1252), ASCII (7 bit), DOS (Latin
1), Unicode, Macintosh, and others.

Someone with Quickview installed will have to check to see if it
provides that many options, or even just the crucial ANSI/Ascii choice.
I'm sure it doesn't have all the filters that the latest QVP does, but
it may at least do the trick for this particular problem.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."