High-ascii characters through the clipboard

I have discovered a curious problem with XyWin. If I copy high-ascii
characters (for example, stressed vowels) from another Windows program
to XyWin through the clipboard, they are apparently OK in XyWin but they
are not well interpreted by other programs when I import an Xy file. The
problem is similar to what happens when the accent table is not loaded
in XyWin or XyWrite for DOS 4.017. Even more, if I attempt to search
those characters (creating them in my command line via the keyboard,
i.e., using the s1 functions), they are not located by Xy. Maybe the
question is related to ASCII/ANSI problems that other members of this
list have mentioned these days? Probably not.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao