Re: Footnotes in Xy4

Marvin Katz:

It is a good idea to remember that the LH setting only works with the
Speedo fonts that come with XY. It definitely doesn't work with
built-in printer fonts, cartridge fonts, etc. The change in the
printer driver file that I outlined yesterday works with every font.
It too has a limitation, namely that it switches from a specified
main text font size to a specified superscript font size and
back. That works fine for me, since my text font is always 12pt.
and I want superscripts to be 3pt smaller. If I sometimes used
11pt, I might need to have a second driver.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325