Re: Re Need advice re a new laser printer

At 4/15/2004 10:35 AM -0400, Bill Troop wrote:
I have not personally extensively used the HP duplexers, so cannot comment further, but I imagine they work well. What I invariably find disappointing are any of the sub-$400 printers. Yes, they are very cheap. Yes, they are very cheaply made. They are slower, more likely to misfeed, more likely print badly, more likely to malfunction than their slighly more expensive 'network class' cousins.
For what it's worth, I have the HP2200d (for duplex) and use it all the
time. Indeed it's slower than single-side printing -- I'm guessing by more
than half, but on a home machine speed is not that important. I'll happily
sacrifice speed for good duplexing any day -- enormous paper savings, and
it's not just the economics of that. On our current project we have
thousands of documents and notes. We save an enormous amount of file space
by duplexing and using a utility such as FinePrint to double-up on one side
of the sheet. Not one jam with the HP2200d in almost a year of use. Worth
the bucks in the long run.
Michael Norman