Signature v XyWrite

I am noticing more and more that newer wp, scanning and OCR
products have support for XyWrite, but not for Signature.

Apart from loading up XyWrite for Windows (which I have but don't
 use), is there any other way of "converting" older Sig documnets
and files into a format that these newer products can read?

Do you have a utility which I can run against a directory of sig
documents to do the job? I have over 1200 sig documents!!

Regards .....

Roy Greenhalgh
Roy Greenhalgh Associates Townwell House       Tel: +44.(0)1454.294200
 Cromhall        Fax: +44.(0)1454.294200
WOTTON UNDER EDGE
Gloucestershire        Internet: rgreenh@xxxxxxxx
GL12 8AQ   UK