mangled sayings

Y'all,

>There is a saying I like to mangle. (Anyone, and i'm sure we have
>someone here, who can tell me the original please do.)
>
>You get the OS you deserve.

Wasn't it: 'you get the best president money can buy' ?

There is sensible software around, and some of it is shareware, as Paul
remarked. Firefox is a good example of a shareware browser.

I think MS got locked into a monopoly mentality. Monopolies are nearly
always bad for innovation and service. Does anybody here remember the
film 'The President's Analyst' (James Coburn, Godfrey Cambridge) about
the phone company monopoly?