Norm's keyboard problem...

Howdy all,

I have had a similar problem as Norm since the day I upgraded from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95. (I
use Xy 3.55). When I switch (alt-tab) from Xywrite to any windows program and then back again, the
Xywrite keyboard sometimes acts very strange, as if the alt, clt, or shift keys are stuck. My
solution has always been to press these keys several times, either separately or together, which
almost always clears the problem.

Sometimes, however, instead of acting like the alt, clt, or shift keys are stuck, the first key
press insists on being the letter "i". Very annoying.

I suspect the problem resides in a conflict between Xywrite and Windows as they fight over control
of the keyboard.

Unfortunately, because the problem occurs in such an inconsistent manner, I have never been able to
pin down its exact source. What makes things even harder is that my keyboard is so extensively
configured, making it an additional variable in the problem.

Like Norm, "I'd like to have a solution, but I'm willing to accept an
explanation, or a procedure for narrowing the problem down." (If someone--smarter at these
things than I am--wants to fiddle with the problem, I'd even email them my kbd file to play with.)

And like Jeff Peregrine, "I'm considering something besides Microsoft for my next OS" --as
long as I can get Xywrite running in that new environment.

Bob
Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323
Laurel, Maryland 20708