Re: Norm's (and Bob's) keyboard problem...

Bob Zimmerman wrote:

> In the ensuing half-decade I have written no xpl code, and have therefore forgotten what little I knew then. Thus, I don't know how to rewrite my own xpl programs to switch those save/gets to a better place (if a better place even exists!).
>
> As I said yesterday, my kbd file is available for anyone who is better at these things than I am and is interested in playing with the problem. I'd even include those xpl programs as well.

Here is a portion of my alt table. You will not fail to notice the @signs before the alphanumerics.
Those are the codes for the save gets. By changing this table=alt to, say, table=ctrl + caps, you
will be able to use your save gets as before, so long as you remember to have your caps key on and
then press control.

If you are using 4DOS, I do not think you will have sticky key problems. It sounds as if you are
using the old 3+.

In win 9x, however, and even without a PIF file such as you describe, this probably isn't
necessary, especially if, as you note, you disable alt/tab (not a good idea IMHO--it can slow down
your multitasking).

TABLE=ALT
1=ES
2=@1
3=@2
4=@3
5=@4
6=@5
7=@6
8=@7
9=@8
10=@9
11=@0
... . .
16=@Q
17=@W
18=@E
19=@R
20=@T
21=@Y

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)