executable XyWrite hyperlink in Excel?

Hello fellow Xy Write travelers.  I have been using XyWrite since 1988, but only recently tried (unsuccessfully) to create hyperlinks in Excel to XyWrite files.  Is this possible?  I have several Excel files that lists, for various purposes, some of the Xywrite files I have created over the years.  I am able to get Windows to recognize all files of XyWrite type because all of my XyWrite-created files have only one of three possible file extensions.  I am also able to create the hyperlink in Excel.  However, clicking on the hyperlink in Excel or on the XyWrite file in Windows Explorer will only open XyWrite.  It will not open the file.  I am assuming that because XyWrite requires that files be opened from the command line, it is not possible to open the file merely by clicking the link in Excel.  Is this correct?

Avram Sacks
Chicago