Re: Glitches in XyDOS 4 &/or XyWin

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:51:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Carl wrote:
>>You can peek at the first 77 bytes in the buffer by
>>commanding VA/NV @*11. But this internal Save/Get can't
>>be manipulated directly (i.e., zeroed out) with XPL.
>>(, for example, fails.) That's why I ask whether
>>there's a command that will do it.

> Does this mean s/g 11 is reserved, and we shouldn't use it in doing XPL?

No. It means that an internal S/G *11, alias S/G *000B -- note the asterisk --
contains the Recorded Keystroke macro. You can't write to it, except by
recording keystrokes with func RK. You can't read it really, although you can
play it back with func RX (and you can load it to an ordinary S/G, or save it on
a disk file). You can determine it's total length, and you can see the first 77
bytes of it, as Carl notes; 77 is the limit for _all_ VAs when peeking. There
are a number of these internal Save/Gets; I used to run probes at night while
asleep, just for kicks, that tested every conceivable combination of VAs -- and
these wierdos started popping up. If you want to see more, command
"table variables" -- they're listed at the top.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx