Re: Ctrl-Z in messages (was; Re: one click away)

** Reply to note from Dorothy Day Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:17:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dorothy.

> I've just exported the past week's Xy list messages, and before
> downloading them took the precaution of editing out all Ctrl-Z's (which
> are lethal when they occur in the middle of a file containing numerous
> messages). I found 5, all in your messages, none in any messages by
> other posters.

You can get rid of them (one at a time, starting with the first) by repeatedly
issuing "del26". Poof! Of course, you do that with a Help file like
DLG or U2, and you're up shit creek (if you removed the last EOF, you'd expose
-- and ruin -- the Index of the Help file, which is a quite remarkable thing to
peek at -- with a Lister that's Ascii-26 blind -- while it's loaded, from outside
XyWrite. Suddenly you realize why Help is so blindingly fast... it's just a list
of frame names and offsets)

He must be concatenating files with a DOS COPY command or something, instead of
in XyWrite ...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx