Re: XyWrite For Windows

In re: bugs in the XyWin product....

I've discovered that the bug where using the Search/Replace dialogue boxes
crashes the program in OS/2 seems to be limited to using XGA-2 1027x768
graphics resolution on an IBM PS/2 under OS/2. If I run at 640x480, the
Search/Replace dialogue boxes work correctly.

In re: protection violation messages.....

I've gotten half a dozen of them today. Some are innocuous: just click OK and
go on with what you're doing (AFTER SAVING, of course). Others take the program
down completely (A plug for OS/2 - I can just shut the offending program down
and not have to reboot.). I can't seem to detect any pattern of these
Protection Violations, but I'll keep at it. If I find anything out I'll let you
know.

I've played around with the dialogue boxes, and I'm having a lot of fun with
them. I have some free time this weekend, so I'll thrash the program around on
my DOS-based machine at home and see if I can find any more problems.

Considering how difficult windows programming is (I know - I've done a fair
amount myself) I'm quite impressed that you could port XyWrite so seamlessly to
windows, and yet still maintain it's speed and customizability.