Re: XyWrite For Windows

Stephen, thaks for the response. I will forward your suggestions immediately.

Concerning a few of the problems you noted:

#1. I will put the file Dialog.xw4 in the download area for users to access.
This file contains rough notes entered by our developers as the menus and
program progressed. Unfortunately we did not provide documentation as we did
with XY4 for DOS. A lot of the defaults, values, etc., are included, however
there are definitely new aspects as well.

#4. This is also an area which I do not like. We are aware of this problem and
will be addressing it, however it was decided that O1=2 provides a better match
of printer font to screen font than values of 1 or 0. In those cases characters
can be placed extremely close to other characters. My preference is this
problem as opposed to not being able to see characters at all in some cases.

#5 & #6. In each case we are aware of the problem. We are currently looking
into a redesign of the install for adding files to an existing setup. We will
most likely catagorize features for reinstallation.

#7. Please keep me up-to-date with respect to these protection violation
errors, and the circumstances leading up to the error. We are most concerned
with this type of error. Response from our customers has not indicated any
trend in this area, however this type of problem requires immediate attention.

Thanks for your response,

SysOp