Re: Define

At 1/18/2004 03:24 PM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Take a look at the [Startup] stanza of NB.INI, which is buried in subdir
.\USERS\DEFAULT beneath NB's "root" dir (Editor's dir).  That's NB's equivalent
of STARTUP.INT, and the place to start controlling NB.  You can see that
they've  LDPM-ed file "nbmain-x.aux" (back in Editor's dir) onto a LDPM-style
Save/Get, &X -- a huge amount of Save/Get baggage to permanently lug around in
memory (little wonder that OOM [OutOfMemory] looms so swiftly -- incredibly
stupid system, IMO).  Anyway, when you poke around in NBMAIN-X.AUX, you can see
how they've set it up.  (&X,Q,L issues func QL, which is an alternative NB func
for Cursor Left -- they're doing a little dance there that doesn't make any
sense, using func PC PreviousCharacter when func QL doesn't work, god knows....
NBSTART.PM is an adaptation of my STARTUP.INT, and that's where I conduct my
real business (LOAD U2, etc).  STARTUP.INT is a PrograM, and a program is a
program is a program...

Thanks, Robert. I'll poke around in both spots. I should have given my query a bit more context. LL and LD don't work in NB7 and I was  trying to figure out why (they simply "hang" the cursor).This is strange because LU and LD work fine. So I thought maybe it had something to do with that unfamiliar function call (&X,Q,L). I tried simply changing L to LL but that failed.

Michael Norman