page line view margins/mode problems.

is there anyway to get pageline view to show the right as well as the
left margin (I mean offset) mine sort of runs off the page.

Also, unrelated, in sig, if my cursor was anywhere in highlighted
text, even at the very end, hitting a mode command automatically
changed the entire highlighted text to bold or whatever.

in xy4, if the cursor is at the end, mode command sometimes changes
the text from the cursor on.. and if there are several modes already
in the highlighted text and i'm now trying to change them all to one,
mode command (such as control 2) won't work at all.

Also, one last glitch, if i hit control 2 for bold to keep typing in
bold, and move the cursor or delete something, i lose the mold and
have to reissue the command.

are these things bugs, or are there other ways of working with modes
that I'm not aware of. I always have used highlight then (control #)
or control # if i intend to be working in bold or whatever for a
while. The glitches i described are hugely frustrating. My co author
and I use modes to identify our edits in 50 page chapters, so I rely
on them a lot.

Sherry@xxxxxxxx
``If I knew the way, I would take you home.''