Re: Can't open Xy in XP -- A thousand THANK YOUS!!!

Neville wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia M. Godfrey
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2005 2:01
Subject: Re: Can't open Xy in XP -- A thousand THANK YOUS!!!
Nevill wrote: Odds are your PC came with a recovery disc, a CD with all the programs and
drivers that were installed on its hard drive when it was new. The odds are
also that you have absolutely no idea where that disc is.>>
The problem with that "recovery disk" is that 1) it includes everything that was installed on the PC when you got it--a lot of which, I'll bet, you don't use, didn't want, and uninstalled as soon as it was set up; 2) it does NOT include anything you installed afterward. So if you ever have to use it, you're back to square one.
As for having no idea where it is, I've been thinking of writing up some
notes on configuring a new PC, including record-keeping protocols.
Anyone here interested in a copy? (Written in XyWrite, of course.)

Patricia M. Godfrey