RE: Off Topic: Seeking equivalent Mozilla feature

> Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:

> Bry, take a look at Abbyy FineReader. I'm not sure what its list price is...

I'm afraid $300 is more than I'm willing to pay, Patricia. But I have heard they've got one of the
best OCR engines. There's something called SimpleOCR that I don't remember seeing a couple of years
ago. I'm going to give it a try. And I was just looking at another one that was released since I
last looked (I already forgot the name because I don't think I'll try it) that was written for
Linix, but now has a Wintel version. The trouble is that it's designed to be installed (built) like
UNIX software...you put
different pieces in various places, and tweak your OS in certain ways. It's silly. That's a
completely unnessary method outside of UNIX...the author obviously doesn't approve of lazy
people...like me.

-BH