Re: Mixed up colors

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 17 Jul 2016
08:38:56 -0400

Harry,

> > Do you see the same anomalies when you run Xy4 under the
> > 32-bit Win 7 NTVDM?
>
> Yep. Here, too, everything looks normal through 93--a number with
> no special significance in hex.

Thinking further about this, I realize that the quotient/remainder
paradigm doesn't fully account for the colors corresponding to numeric
MoDes. If I recall correctly, under regular DOS, you were able to get
flashing versions of a color by adding 128 to the MoDe number. I don't
remember if this worked consistently, though; there may be other
"rules" built into Editor that cause some MoDes to display differently
in text than they do on the CMline (which does evidently adhere to the
quotient/remainder rule, as your screen shot shows). I can't imagine
what the significance of 93 is, though.

Good that you can run TameDOS with vDos-lfn if you want to. But
quotients and remainders aside, are these anomalies preventing you from
getting the color scheme you want? I've never had trouble building
pleasing color schemes from the colors available under vDos.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx