Re: XYshell and w2k

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Wed, 29
Jan 2003 13:07:19 GMT

> X2K is a typo - I meant W2K. I want to send a fax written in XY4 to a W2K printer. Is that
> possible?

Paul, I still don't get it. If you write a "fax" in XyWrite, then what you've
really written is a document. As with any document, to send it to the printer,
you TYpe it. Of course that's possible. Do you mean, you want to despatch it
as a fax via the fax program? Issue some command in XyWrite, and thereby send
it out over the phone at a single stroke? If so, what does a "W2K printer"
have to do with it?

Or do you want the fax program to receive it, ready for sending, via a printer
device? You want it to come into the fax program's window with formatting and
other features intact? As I answered yesterday, that is possible: if you can
associate a fax driver with an LPT port, then you can despatch faxes by TYping
them in XyWrite -- that's _one_ way of doing it, with one program. If that's
the reason you're talking about "a W2K printer", then the answer is Yes (and
you do NOT need XyShell to do it).

XyShell gives you the means, as I said, to execute any command that can be
executed from the DOS command line -- I provide a generic shell designed to
accept and execute commands and scripts, but you've gotta formulate the
specific commands you wish to execute. You show me a DOS command that
succeeds, that does what you want, and I'll be more than happy to show you how
to integrate it into XyShell.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx