Netscape & others

>>After all the publicity surrounding Microsoft and the Justice
>>Department, this is going to sound pretty dim -- like asking
>>"Where >can I buy aspirin?" -- but can anyone advise me on how to
>>obtain the >program? Cheers Eric Van Tassel

>Btw, if you look for something slim and fast, go for Opera, which
>fits on a floppy and runs better than both of the Behemoths.
>Rene von Rentzell

Yes: after one day with Opera I went back to Netscape out of habit
-- but ever since it's been Opera only.

Opera downloads fast.; installs without hassle. You get 30 days'
free trial; then pay $35 US.

Opera does not have a mail agent (but to me a built-in mailer is a
bug factory). It is being ported to Linux.

I had high hopes of Gecko, the replacement for Netscape Bloat, but
AOL (the new owner) seems interested only in carpet-bombing with
come-on discs.

MS's Internet Explorer does NOT conform to the standards of the W3
Consortium. Nor does Netscape. Opera does.

Ob-note. Opera is like XyWrite in that it's far more satisfying
than the Big Boys.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle