Re: XyWrite and C (in the 21st century)

I really don't think you meant "polarity"; parity, maybe?
Thank you Patricia - - I knew you could be counted on to find the
word which was stubbornly eluding me!
But seriously -- great software evolves. It has never been known not
to. One of the reasons Xy/NB is effectively dead is that it is not
evolving to meet the needs of new customers. I must say I am grateful
we have it as a DOS program. That more or less ensures perpetual
usability. There are plenty of early Windows programs of great
utility that don't work today.
Re open-source - - when is the last time anyone talked to Ken Frank?
Where is he? What's he doing? How do we know he wouldn't be delighted
to open-source the code and rights? Has anyone been in touch with the
divine Dave Ericsson lately ?
What can we do to evangelize XyWrite today?