Re: vDosXy with option for C-cedilla - font editor for custom fonts

Ok. Now that everything is working according to ASCII standard, it is
time to mess it up a little. That is what I did by changing a couple of
things in the Consolas font, e.g. I changed the Danish ae, AE ligatures
to oe, OE ligatures (useful for French), etc. You will need a TrueType
font editor, and if you do not want to spend very much, check out Type
3.2 (http://cr8software.net/index.html). It is from Auckland, New
Zealand, and it gets the job done. There is even a free editor but it
lacks the copy and paste functions you need to make new encodings with
ease. This might be a better solution for the euro symbol if you need
one, but bear in mind that you will have to make your own conversion
routines if you export your texts to Windows programs. So it is easiest
to stick to plain ASCII which now works out of the box.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx