Re: 2 questions, one screenshot

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:59:25 +0100, flash wrote:

>2) My Xy3 dir command shows files in numeric-alphabetic order, but my
>Xy4 dir command shows files in no order apparent to me (neither file
>name, nor size, nor date). I'd like them in the same order as Xy3. How?

in my startup.int file I have

BX dsort d,r ;*;

which sorts by last saved *d*ate and time, in *r*everse.

the Command Reference Guide lists about 10 other options for dsort, summarized
briefly:

f filename
e extension
s size
p path
au sort by author (login name)
lg sort by name of person who last saved the file
cd creation date and time
pj project number
rp by document retention period [whatever that is]
cm by command
ky keyword
rv revision number

r & h can be used to modify any of the above

-rafe t.