2 questions, one screenshot

Y'all,
1) Someone here once showed us a trick to get a title into the title bar of a DOS window (and make it stick). I paid attention long enough to do it in my Xy3 DOS window, but cannot now recall how to do it for my Xy4 DOS window. So please, someone, show me the trick again.
2) My Xy3 dir command shows files in numeric-alphabetic order, but my
Xy4 dir command shows files in no order apparent to me (neither file
name, nor size, nor date). I'd like them in the same order as Xy3. How?

Cheers,

JPEG image