Re: Xy3 vs Xy4 (was: Luddite defined [etc])

In your Message regarding "Re: Xy3 vs Xy4 (was: Luddite defined
[etc])" dated 05 Oct 99, Russ W. Urquhart
 said that ...

[I wrote..]

> > Wise words. My younger colleagues find it bizarre that
> > I insist wherever possible in using 12-year-old software
> > to do a job that modern stuff can't.
>
> I end up pushing the same agenda here! What do you tell them that the modern
> stuff can't do? (I have my own preferences, but it's good to know what others
> like about XY!)
>
> Russ

Speed. Multiple file handling and searching. My ability to write
easy macros in XPL that sort out problems (eg hard returns in
incoming email) fast and simply. More advanced: Quark tagging.
(*Nothing* is better than Xy for setting up, eg, travel directory
listings and dumping them into quark.)
Words. It's a word processor (ok, so we have to call it
a text processor, nowadays, but words is where it is at.)
Continuity. (Though this may just be my being an old fart.)
I've used Xy since May, 1988. I *hated* it for the first three
weeks. It serves all my writing needs.
My keyboard.
Etc.

--