Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

The following post appears on the "technical talk" website
http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/67/lev3/70/pid/616/qid/199633
If correct, it appears to mean that there is no solution for the jerky screen
response of XyWrite and other DOS applications that I and others experience
under W2000:

  "This is a display problem that win2000 has with 16 bit applications. It
has nothing to do with emulation or any
             processor settings.  You can demonstrate the problem
by simply bringing up the DOS editor and noticing how
             jerky the keys reflect back to the keyboard. In full
screen mode it smooths out. I hammered Microsoft support
             on this in January [2002] and they spent a week trying
to find a solution. Then they found that it was inherent in
             win2000 and gave up. They are not going to fix it,
leaving those of us with old but excellent DOS applications
             stuck on win98. Sorry about that."

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics