Re: xywrite I

** Reply to note from "mike shupp"  on Mon, 23
Sep 2002 14:56:53 -0700

Mike:

>>> I'm still using XyWrite 3.51 myself.

>> Use v3.54. It was the last one to have that [AC/AR] feature (in
3+ series),
>> and it had a LOT of bug fixes vs. v3.51. Do you have access to it?

> Unfortunately, no.

Would some kind soul pleeze ZIP up v3.54 and attach it to this man?
I thought I had it, but oddly enough v3.55 is the lowest one in my
archive -- the lowest I wanted to remember -- v3.55 was a really
major advance over the previous Editors, especially in its XPL
capabilities (in a nutshell, v3.54 introduced the XS parser, but XS
wildcards were only introduced in v3.55, and somewhere marks a real
watershed, the boundary between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
in XPL; v4 marks, in a dramatically evolved way, the Modern Age,
which NBWin hasn't done one bloody thing to advance). OTOH, v3.55
did lose that single auto-complete feature (which meant, and I guess
still means, a lot to some people, but always struck me as
unacceptably intrusive). Now, I did have a 3.55 beta given to me
just before the PRD settlement... hmmm, where *are* all those 5 1/4"
disks anyway?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx