Spl format

Does anyone know exactly how the dictionaries for XyWrite are encoded? I am,
of course, wondering whether it would be feasible to create other
dictionaries to replace the standard ones (in addition to the ascii word
lists).

WinEdt uses ordinary ascii lists of words for its spelling dictionaries, so
you can "roll your own". Someone put together word lists for common English,
"_ise", "_ize", "labelled", "labeled", "colour"
and "color" (the last four
being examples, of course), so you can choose how American or English you
will be. As an American Canadian living in Canada I find this useful. I'm
probably about 2/3 of the way across the Atlantic to the colonies.

Myron