Re: Euro Quotes

Doug Beeson Ruminated: > > Thank you for the suggestions,
folks, but I'm confused here. I use the > NI,R1,R7,R4 (R5)
sequence already to enter my Euroqotes and it works just >
peachy. My question really is what is the difference between the
character

> which emerges when I use R1,R7,R4 (which I have mapped to
> Ctrl-Shift-comma) > and the embedded command character of
Ctrl-comma? They look the same in > expanded view but obviously
don't react the same in the file. So what is
> the > internal representation? ASCII 174 for one, but what
about the other? And > which is which?
> > I actually think someone may have answered this in the
thread of replies
> but > I didn't quite catch it.
> Doug,

Danged if I know which is which! I never thought to worry about
it. Here's how you can test: First, abandon your Windoze, your
OS/2, or your hot new
OS imported from the newly discovered planets in the Virgo galaxy
and go back to the good old C prompt. You _do_ remember the C
prompt, don't you?

Tee hee tee hee tee hee.

Okay now use good old copy con to create a little test file.
Enter alt-174MDULalt-175All work and no play makes Jack a dull
boy. Save the file. Go into XyWrite in normal mode and see if
you have All work . . . underlined or with euroquotes around it.
Then you will know.

Good luck!

:-)

Leslie