Re: Rewriting Ctrl,Capslock...

 Thanks for your message. Your mention of changing the Shift
 Definition key names to nonstandard names was a big help. I
 then fell across page 6-60 in my manual ("Moving the IBM
 Left Shift Key") and that helped also. To make a long story
 short, I changed both the key assignment numbers and names
 in my Shift Definitions to:

 KEYS=104
 XCTRL=58,99
 XALT=29,56,98
 SHIFT=42,54
 XCAPS=85,T:C

 Each affected key assignment table in the keyboard file was
 also renamed (TABLE=XCTRL, etc.). I may have also changed
 the number on affected key assignments as page 6-60
 suggests, I can't remember. And my new keyboard file does
 what I want! (Capslock now works as though it were Ctrl,
 etc.)

 Why one has to re-name the shift keys, I don't quite
 understand, but I don't have to. Thanks again.