VDL: new batch file and U2 frame for vDos-lfn

The latest release of vDos-lfn is a boon to XyWriters (and all
vDos-lfn users) who, like me, use vDos-lfn to run multiple
configurations of Xywrite as well as other DOS programs. I've written
a batch file, VDL.BAT, and a U2 frame, VDL,VDL/, that take advantage
of vDos-lfn's new command-line syntax.

VDL.BAT allows you to launch vDos-lfn with or without command-line
parameters, and also permits saving configuration arguments with a
nickname, or "alias". Here are some command-line usage examples:

Start vDos-lfn using your current config.txt & autoexec.txt:
VDL.BAT

Start vDos-lfn using specified config and autoexec files and settings:
VDL.BAT /cfg config.pnk /set autoexec=autoexec.pnk; frame=on; title=Xy-Pink

Start vDos-lfn using a configuration "alias":
VDL.BAT pink

To set up the alias "pink", you would edit VDL.BAT to add a three-line
subroutine, like this:

:pink
set VDLargs=/cfg config.pnk /set autoexec=autoexec.pnk; frame=on;
title=Xy-Pink

exit /b

Other examples and instructions are in VDL.BAT.

U2 frame VDL,VDL/ enables you to issue VDL.BAT commands from the Xy4
command line. So, the above examples would be:

VDL
VDL /cfg config.pnk /set autoexec=autoexec.pnk; frame=on;
title=Xy-Pink

VDL pink

A separate frame name, VDL/, does the same thing, except that it
closes the current XyWrite session while opening the new one.

I should add that frame VDL,VDL/ supports arguments that are too long
to fit on the XyWrite command line. These can be launched using frame
U2L, for long U2 commands, or with XPL:
JM 2.VDLQ2 ;*;

You can download VDL.BAT and frame VDL,VDL/, in a single ZIP file, here:

http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/VDL.ZIP

Unzip VDL.BAT into your vDos-lfn directory. U2 users should CAll
VDL.FRM in XyWrite, DeFine the entire file with DFA, and
command ADD2U2 to add the frame to your U2 file.

VDL.BAT and frame VDL,VDL/ replace the earlier VDOSSET.BAT and frame VDOSSET.

Hope you'll enjoy these. Comments are welcome.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx