Re: Xy on XP

> ...In the past you have mentioned some screen-font programs
> or managers. Are you still using them? Do you do anything new
> to improve the full-screen characters in XyDos\XP?
>
> Michael Norman

I don't use anything special with XP, just the built-in fonts. I run
Xy4 full-screen, 80x25, on a 17" flat-panel display. The characters
are quite large and readable, even though I sit 4-5 feet away
from the monitor. (Many users sit too close to the monitor. It's
a mistake. Stay back from the screen, or the printed page for
that matter, and bye-bye bleary eyes.)

The only enhancer I use is VPT, to set screen colors. Remarkably, this
DOS utility, vintage 1988, still works with these new-fangled OSes,
video cards and monitors. Plus c,a change....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx